Our baby

Our baby
18 weeks pregnant

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Positivity and heartbeat.

First I just wanted to thank everyone for the positive comments that have been left. It definitely helps. I'm very lucky to have such caring friends and family and it makes the situation not as bad. Support is going to be the number one thing that works for my motivation and peace of mind.
Last night I had some cramping, it felt like the cramping I've had when my uterus is growing but because of this ordeal I was paranoid. After spending $300 for the ER I have to admit, it wasn't my first thought to run back there again this week, especially if it was just normal. On the other hand, I do know that miscarriage and labor is a very real possibilty at this point. So I grabbed my doppler at 5:08am and hoped for the best. There it was, my baby's heart was just beating away. While I'm not an expert at counting, it sounded just like every other time I've heard it at the doctor and this baby has been consistent in the 150-160 range. So I'm remaining positive. This morning my mom came over to take care of me before she went home from work. My mom is my angel. She works from 10pm-8am but has been there for me and David since this happened. Today my mom helped me shower (it's still embarrassing for my mom to sit in the bathroom while I shower but I appreciate it) as well as brush my teeth and get dressed. Then she and David made my daily cooler (carrots, grapes, yogurt, crackers, beets and other random food items)and put it next to my bed and made me breakfast. My mom and I then had a good morning of watching The Price is Right before she left to go home. Before that though, my mom got the gift of listening to the baby on the doppler again. She doesn't want me checking every day (she even threatened to take the doppler home with her) and trust me, there was a reason for that. It took me 20 min to find the heartbeat and it was a miracle when it was found. This little baby is still moving around which makes me think positively as well. I've always had the saying "Positive thoughts" and now I'm really living it.I was able to call my OB's office regarding the referral to the high risk doctor and was told that it takes 3-5 days before they get the appointment time so I won't see him before I see my OB on Tuesday.  I unfortunately haven't made the goal of drinking a gallon of water in a day but I'm close.

3 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine being in your shoes right now...( but i guess if you are on bed rest you probably aren't wearing shoes ha ha)but i just want you to know that i am following your posts and praying you the safekeeping of your baby! good luck and stay positive! and if you get bored, please stop by my blog...Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless your family for their sweet care of you! I am glad to hear your one week has been a good one and will join you in praying that fluid has replenished! The Lord IS able! Keep us posted on your OB visit. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. I thought I was posting this to your Sunday post. Sentiments still the same. LOL

    ReplyDelete