Our baby

Our baby
18 weeks pregnant

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 3

I don't intend to name each blog post by the days because I feel that will cause this process to go by longer but I just felt that day 3 was a good title for today. Today started with me waking up at my mom's house. I have been staying at her house since Monday because it's closer to my OB as well as to my hospital, and we felt it would be better in case something happened in those first few hours. After breakfast in bed, which isn't as special when you are forced to do it as much as if it were a treat, I did my wonderful sponge bath and got dressed with my mom's health. I just have to say that my mom has been WONDERFUL and I am so glad to have her. She then drove me home where she set up my bedroom and then left me to rest. I was able to rest and have a pretty "productive" morning until David came home from lunch. David made me lunch, we relaxed until I realized again that this was going to be my life (g-d willing) for the next 6 months. It hit me...In order to even have a small chance of bringing home a baby, I have to lay in bed for 6 months and that's not a guarantee. My doctor has told us to stay positive but to remain realistic and be prepared to lose our baby. That's hard when I see shows with drug addicted mothers who bring home healthy babies. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I eat healthy, so why is my baby at risk. David is being really awesome with this as well. He has been nothing but supportive. After he left to go back to work, I used the doppler ($30 and no one better ever talk about how bad my doppler is) and found the heartbeat. Strong! And the baby was on my right side, having moved from yesterday. Hearing this sound made me so happy I cried. This helped me relax enough to take a nap. Staying in bed is hard but I'm going to do what it takes for my baby. I'm trying to relax and stay relaxed but crying is going to be on my agenda for quite awhile. Steps I'm taking at this moment, drinking a gallon of water a day to help the baby replenish the amniotic fluid, laying flat as much as possible, trying to eat a ton as well in order to assist the baby in getting nutrients. I'm staying positive. I have to.

2 comments:

  1. It breaks my heart that you have to go through such a terrible thing. Staying positive is the best thing you could ever do. Just know that this is not your fault. You are doing wonderful as a mommy! You are caring for your LO to the best of your abilities. Keep us updated! Praying for you everyday!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete