Our baby

Our baby
18 weeks pregnant

Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Mom

I thought I would update and talk about the most important people in my life right now, not including the baby even though she is the most important. The first is my mom and that's only because she is my arms and legs for me right now. If it weren't for her support I have no clue what I would do. When my water broke, she "allowed" me to stay at her house for half of the week and go home for the other half. I say "allowed" because she actually demanded that I pack up (or that David pack my stuff) and I come straight to her house. Whenever I would go back to my place she would pretty much beg me to stay but I felt like I needed to be at home and spending time with David as well. When I got the news about my cervix on Wednesday, she put her foot down and I'm staying at her house until time to go to the hospital. This woman who is dealing with just being diagnosed with MS in June is now the one taking care of me. She works 8-10hours a night and then rushes home in the morning to make sure that I'm ok. She is constantly at my beck and call (and I try so hard not to bug her), she takes me to all of my doctor's appointments even if it means not being able to sleep much in time to go back to work. She had paid for some of the appointments because of losing my job, and has pretty much taken care of the nursery furniture. She is doing this because she is awesome! Yesterday she told me to stop saying Thank You to her because this is what she is supposed to do as my mother. When I'm in pain, she lays with me, when I'm sad and depressed she hugs and holds me. Sometimes I feel like a little kid but it's so important and I'm so glad that we have the relationship that we do. I don't know what I would do without my mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment